District's Facebook Fan Page as a 'Note' to help set the rules and community expectations for the fan page usage.
(It probably would have been better to have these posted before we acquired over 600 fans, but better late than never.)
The Mansfield ISD Facebook Fan Page is provided for the district community by the Mansfield ISD Department of Media & Communication Development. We will update this page as often as possible to share as much as we can about Mansfield ISD and the achievements of the students and staff as well as other relevant district community information.
All posting of comments on this page are at the discretion of the page administrators. The intent of this policy is not to keep any negative or critical information from being posted, but to protect the privacy and rights of Mansfield ISD staff and students. Naming specific employees or students in a negative way will not be allowed (and is just generally rude.) The page administrators will review all postings to make sure they do not run afoul of the rules nor of the district’s Acceptable Use Guidelines regarding Internet access and practices.
We welcome your thoughts and comments and look forward to what you have to say. However, we will not leave postings that:
The page administrators reserve the right to not post or remove any comments at any time, for any reason…but we hope that won’t ever be necessary.
- Break the law or encourage others to do so. This includes respecting copyright and fair use laws. If you are talking about somebody else’s work, reference this or the person, and where possible include a link.
- Contain abusive or inappropriate language or statements. This includes remarks that are racist, homophobic and sexist as well as those that contain obscenities or are sexually explicit.
- Easily identify students and/or staff in defamatory, abusive, or generally negative terms.
- Do not show proper consideration for others’ privacy or are considered likely to offend or provoke others – i.e. don’t pick fights or goad others into inflammatory debates. Nobody likes a bully.
- Are spam – i.e. repeatedly posting the same comment or comments that are simply advertising/promoting a service or product. If you wouldn’t want to receive it yourself, don’t post it.
If you have a comment or would like to report an inappropriate comment for us to review, send an email to email@example.com. (Yes, it’s the same e-mail as our district blog.)
Please note, you can also receive e-mail and phone text messages of our updates as they are posted through the settings of your personal Facebook account.
Thank you for stopping by and/or being a fan of Mansfield ISD.
What do you think? Are these a decent set of fan page rules for a public school district? I'd appreciate any thoughts on these rules.