Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks on #tweetsgiving and the Turkey Song

Thanksgiving 2009 happens to also be the second annual TweetsGiving, where people are encouraged to express their thanks through a variety of online communities and tools. The site hopes to create "a global celebration that seeks to change the world through the power of gratitude."

While this may seem a lofty, it does strike me as a simple, yet remarkable opportunity to offer thanks framed around a great cause.

So with that in mind, I offer my gratitude for:
  • the unconditional love freely given from my God;
  • my loving wife, who encourages and keeps me motivated;
  • our two amazing kids, who help me to view the world through optimistic and curious eyes;
  • the blessings from the work that I get to do;
  • all of the support and love from my family and friends through life's challenges; and
  • those of you that stop by my little corner of the blogosphere to read and discuss the often strange ruminations I leave here.
Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving.

Of course, I can't leave you with sappy. No, I want to share a quick video that offers a bit of the holiday, humor, and harmony of Thanksgiving that could only come from The Addams Family...


What are you thankful for? As always, the comments are yours.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]