Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mining PR Gold: 5 Tips for Pitching Local TV News

I subscribe to a rather larger number of RSS feeds and e-mail newsletters from within the communications and PR industry. There are some excellent resources out there for professionals who are serious about learning and getting better at their craft. I am going to start sharing more of these great ideas, posts, videos, etc. here on my blog as a way to spread the wealth of knowledge readily available.

The PR gold I came across this morning was waiting for me in my inbox. Ragan.com's PR Daily e-news featured a link to a video by Seth Odell on tips for pitching your local TV news stations. Odell is a former broadcast news assignment editor and currently working in higher ed media relations.




What do you think? Do you have anything to add to these tips? The comments are yours.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]