It's right there in front of you. What is it? Your future. I know, it sounds cliché, but believe it or not, it's real and it's out there. Are you ready? Are you hungry?
The 1970s-era ad for Hungry Hungry Hippos featured this song:
- If you wanna win the game you've gotta take good aim
- And get the most marbles with your hippo
- Playin' Hungry Hungry Hippos
- Hungry Hungry Hippos
...you've gotta take good aimWhat are you doing to prepare for your shot at your professional future? If you are seeking an internship or job in the communications and public relations field, I highly encourage you to pay attention to the HAPPO movement.
On Friday, April 30, the second edition of Help A PR Pro Out (HAPPO) will be held fom 12-2 PM EST (11 AM - 1 PM Central).
HAPPO (Help A PR Pro Out) is designed to help connect PR job seekers with employers looking for top talent. This time we're focusing efforts on college seniors and recent college grads.
* Are you an employer looking to fill a specific role? Contact me or your local champion with details so we can spread your information.
* Are you a blogger? Would you be interested in helping us build momentum for the event? Donate a post on your blog to highlight a worthy job seeker and tweet it to @helpaprproout.com and use the #HAPPO hashtag.
* Are you a job seeker? Ask a friend who wants to help in your job search to write a HAPPO post for you.
* Are you curious about HAPPO and hungry to get going on your PR future? Check out the blog, Facebook page, search the #HAPPO hashtag, follow @helpaprproout, check out the LinkedIn group, read some of great posts by other HAPPO champions and contributors
...basically, pay attention, use your marbles and put these free resources and collective efforts to work.
(Image credit: Dylan Hartmann)