Monday, January 30, 2012

Just keep writing

200 eYe eYe
Photo via kentigern
I was pleasantly surprised to find that this is my 200th blog post. (Woohoo.) It's sort of like watching your car's odometer roll over to a high mileage. Now I know I'm not in the upper echelon of bloggers and I honestly didn't think I'd have anything to say of any consequence. There are tons of other writers who do a much better job. Many of whom I read daily.

This blog was started as a way for me to pass along the strategies, tactics, tools, and tips that I'm learning as a communication professional. It has had some hits and misses. Not everything gets noticed, or comments, but it's been well worth my time to take a look at a variety of topics and trends in public relations. I've gone through my bouts of writer's block as have most writers. There have been short pauses here and there to get my thoughts together. There have also been times when I wished for more hours in the day so I could get thoughts down and fill up this white screen in the hopes of helping out others who've come across similar issues or who identify with problems or ideas.

To the writers that I read for brilliant thoughts, trends, or topics (such as Geoff Livingston, Kami Watson Huyse, Arik Hanson, Deirdre Breakenridge, Gini Dietrich, Mike Schaffer to name just a few): Please keep up the great works. Each of you (along with so many others) provide a tremendous wealth of resources and discussions.

To the readers who stop by this blog frequently (or infrequently) as well as those who at some point decided to receive these blog posts via email: Thank you.

To the new(er) bloggers out there who have ever felt discouraged by the writing process or who hit that wall and don't think it's worth it anymore: Just keep writing. Get that groove back.

Cheers.