Saturday, July 12, 2008

Let's begin

People are social creatures and long to communicate. Clearly I am not breaking any new ground in anthropology, sociology, or biology. What I hope to deliver is an interesting if not entertaining take on communication, public relations, education, and anything else that strikes me as interesting along the way.

My jump into the blogosphere stems from a decision to finally get off the sidelines and play with some social media tools in order to hone my communication skills. I think these should go along nicely with my other skills. You know, like nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills...

As a school PR guy, I believe there obvious opportunities for educational institutions to use the online tools that are available to engage communities. More to come on this later. I don't agree with the notion that our educational system is broken, specifically public education. I believe public school districts are doing what they can with the resources they have been given, under the requirements thrust on them by state and federal decisions. I'll probably get into some of this later as well.

That's it for now.

No comments: