Friday, July 11, 2008

On this date in history, 7-11-08

Today will go down in (my) history as the day I left Wordpress.com for Blogger.

Wordpress and I had a lovely relationship while it lasted, but it was time for me to move on and move over to the dynamic, customizable, and ease of Google's free Blogger for my blog.

My former blog will stay online for a while until my loyal readers (namely my wife, mom, and my super-intelligent beagle) make the switch.



I am still pretty new at all of this, but I find it enjoyable and worth my time as a communications and public relations professional. A few of the posts that I really liked from the old blog will make there way over here in the coming days. (Note: I looked into export/import from Wordpress into Blogger, but unfortunately this was unavailable at the time and I was ready to move forward.)


I hold no ill-will toward Wordpress.com (the free, less-customizable brother of the downloadable Wordpress.org) in fact, I would recommend it as a viable option for companies, organizations, and clients who are looking into entering the blogosphere.


Welcome to Next Communications new home on Blogger.com.

No comments: