I've been tagged by Geoff Livingston to participate and share Seven Things You Don't Know About Me writing project. This is the first such tag for me in my early blog writing career so naturally I was intrigued at the idea. So here goes:
- I proposed to my wife during a live performance in college. We started dating in December of 1998. The following May, they were performing in a Terrell Hall production of "Post Modern My Fair Lady," sponsored by the University of North Texas' Performance Group (PIGS). At the end of the performance, when we were the only two on stage, I got down on one knee, pulled out a ring, and asked Kristen to marry me. We were married that August.
- I destroyed my dad's console TV. I accomplished this by leveraging my chubby frame and ramming speed in perfect symmetry on a tricycle dead-center into the screen. (Or so I was told.)
- One of my biggest pet peeves is when people use jealous and envious interchangeably. They mean two different things.
- I had a weiner dog named Dollar. (Get it, Richie Rich.)
- I auditioned, and made the UNT mascot spirit team. (Yes, I was one of those spirit geeks and loved every minute even if the old Eppy the eagle costume looked like a big white chicken.)
- I would pay good money to have a Galaga arcade game in my house. I've spent many hours (and quarters) with this wonderful game. There is just something magical about that game for me. My wife and I have made a deal on the arcade game if we find one since they can be found as a dual game paired with Ms. Pac-Man. She's so cool. (photo props: Kevin Mosley)
- I convinced my younger brother that he was stolen from a Chinese family. This little joke came to an unfortunate conclusion when he professed aloud (and loudly) to my parents at a Wendy's, "I know where I came from...you two stole me from a Chinese family." To make things worse, there was an Asian couple sitting nearby well within earshot.
I now tag Linda Jacobson, APR, Patrick Evans, Lauren Turner, Billie Hara, Jake Good, Donald Claxton, and Louis Sandoval, Jr.
- Link your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged
(Hat tip to Beth Harte for the rules.)